AV Monocar Links
It was one of the more fruitful cyclecars and was dependent upon a configuration purchased from Carden and inherent the production line that they had formerly utilized. At the crest they had 80 workers.
The principal model was a solitary seater, the Monocar, just 30 creeps (760 mm) wide with forms assembled by the Thames Valley Pattern Works out of wood, plywood or even layered paper. The complete auto just weighed in the vicinity of 550 pounds (250 kg). Motors were back mounted, air-cooled and appraised from 5 to 8hp. There was a decision of JAP (most generally), Blackburne or infrequently MAG units. Gearboxes were either a two-rate epicyclic unit with foot worked change or three-velocity Sturmey-Archer with anchor head to the back pivot. Directing was by a wire and bobbin framework with the whole front pivot being rotated on unanticipated autos. A few hundred were made.
In 1920 a two seater, the Bi-auto, was included with the traveler behind the driver. The width of the auto expanded to 36 inches. Something like 50 were made. A more routine side by side model was included 1921 called the Runabout with a 42-inch (1,100 mm) form 126 inches (3,200 mm) long. The definitive Monocar and Bi-auto were dropped in 1922 yet generation of the Runabout proceeded until 1924 and later to uncommon request.
The organization transformed its name in 1923 to A.v. Engines Ltd and after the closure of auto generation got to be Jowett and later Rootes Group merchants.