Austro-Daimler was an Austrian automaker organization, from 1899 until 1934. It was subsidiary of the German Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft (DMG).
In 1890, Eduard Bierenz was named as Austrian retailer. The organization sold so well that additionally it started assembling the vehicles in the wake of uniting with Eduard Fischer’s designing industrial facility. The meets expectations were spotted at Wiener-Neustadt. By this subsidiary DMG turned into the first car multinational in history.
Along these lines on August 11, 1899, the Austrian Daimler Engine Society was established. Whilst the gathering parts stemmed from Stuttgart, in 1900 they fabricated their first auto which offered 2 barrels, 4 hp (3.0 kw), and 4 seats. Before long they began processing motors for extravagant autos, trucks, transports, oceanic ships, and trains.
In 1902, Paul Daimler, Gottlieb Daimler’s child, assumed responsibility of the Technical Department. He improved a smaller auto (8 hp, 45 km/h). In 1905 he constructed the organization’s initially armoured auto, which had 30 hp (22 kw). Additionally, the organization transformed motors for both trucks and transports. On the other hand, Daimler came back to Stuttgart in 1905 to assume control over the exploration and improvement section, which had been emptied by Maybach.
Senior Ferdinand Porsche took Daimler’s place as specialized architect. Despite the fact that Austro-Daimler autos were contending at races recently, Porsche pioneered into air movement optimized use with renowned worldwide racecars (Mixte and Maya). Likewise, he planned the Mercédès-Electrique-Mixte which was produced from 1902 until 1907.
Porsche actuated an organization reconstruction excessively whilst the organization had 800 specialists as of recently. The organization was renamed Austro-Daimler on July 27, 1906. That same year Emil Jellinek — who was Austrian excessively — purchased a few Austro-Daimler licenses to establish auxiliary organizations abroad.
In 1908, the Austro-Daimler started processing Zeppelin motors. In reality, for Porsche this was a particular investment since he jumped at the chance to take Archduke Franz Ferdinand flying over Vienna.
Pushing the organization’s advancement further, Porsche conceded Austro-Daimler’s absolute autonomy from DMG’s proprietorship in 1909. In 1910, the organization was renamed Austrian Daimler Engines AG whose logo was the Austrian Royal twofold headed falcon. In 1912 DMG sold its remaining allotments.
In 1911 Austro-Daimler started transforming the Prinz Heinrich (in English: Prince Henry) show; this auto, which offered an overhead cam 5,714-cc four-barrel motor, rapidly got well known. It could advance 95 bhp at 2,100 rpm; there was additionally a less intense form with side valves and a 6,900-cc motor fit for advancing 60 hp (45 kw) at just 1,200 rpm. Both outlines were by Porsche.
Throughout the First World War, the 4,500 laborers of Austro-Daimler helped in vast amounts to wartime processing. After the war, the organization came back to the generation of vehicles. Austro-Daimler still asserted Royal support through its association with Prince Heinrich.
Before long, the organization started caving in. In any case, Austro-Daimler combined with numerous organizations — Skoda, Fiat, and Puch (1928). At that point, it was submerged under Camillo Castiglioni’s misusing administration.
At this point, Porsche made the 1.3-liter “Sascha” hustling autos (named after their sponsor, Count Sascha Kolowrat-Krakowski) in the unanticipated 1920s. The littlest model the organization offered was a 2,212-cc four-barrel. In any case, as the financial circumstance intensified, Porsche relinquished the organization in 1923, freeing himself of Austro-Daimler’s fiscal troubles. Rather, he moved to Stuttgart’s DMG.
The extraordinary handling auto offered by Austro-Daimler throughout the 1930s was the ADM, which emphasized overhead cam six-chamber motors of 2,540 cc, 2,650 cc, and 2,994 cc. The last-named (the ADM III) improved 110 hp (82 kw) at 4,000 rpm and was one of the best autos of the decade. Additionally offered was a less rich wearing form, the 100 hp (75 kw) ADR.
1931 saw Austro-Daimler present a 4,624-cc eight-chamber auto, a sublime, exceedingly unmanageable extravagance vehicle. The last extraordinary auto fabricated at the Austrian meets expectations was the six-barrel “Bergmeister”, which offered an overhead cam 3,614-cc motor that could advance 120 hp (89 kw) at 3,600 rpm; this auto had a top pace of 90 mph (140 km/h). In 1934 the organization united with Steyr Automobile, making the Steyr-Daimler-Puch combination. In any case, in this same year, Austro-Daimler was broken up.
In the 1970s and into the 1980s bikes were made by Steyr-Daimler-Puch with a few models bearing the Puch trademark, and more upscale models bearing the Austro-Daimler trademark. The point when the bike fabricating parts of the consortium were sold in 1987 to Piaggio & C. S.p.a. of Italy, the Puch trademark was passed on the other hand, the rights to the name Austro-Daimler were not sold. From that point forward no bikes have been made bearing this trademark.
Austro-Daimler Vehicle Model list:
1931 Austro-Daimler ADR Alpine 8
1928 Austro-Daimler ADM 19/100
1921 Austro-Daimler AD 617
1914 Austro-Daimler 16/25 Alpine
1910 Austro-Daimler 27/80 Prince Henry
1910 Austro-Daimler 22/86 Prinz Heinrich