The British Motor Corporation Limited – Bmc was a Longbridge, Birmingham, United Kingdom vehicle producer, another holding organization shaped in right on time 1952 to offer impact to a concurred merger of the Morris and Austin organizations.
Bmc gained the portions in both Morris Motors Limited and The Austin Motor Company Limited. Morris Motors Limited (the holding organization of the profitable organizations of the Nuffield Organisation) claimed Mg, Riley and Wolseley.
The concurred trade of allotments in Morris or Austin for stakes in the new holding organization, Bmc, got successful in mid-April 1952. On 14 December 1966 Bmc transformed its name to British Motor Holdings Limited or Bmh.
Bmh united in May 1968 with Leyland Motor Corporation Limited which made trucks and transports and were managers of Standard-Triumph International Limited, Bmh turning into the major, if limp, part of British Leyland Motor Corporation, Bmc was the biggest British auto organization of its day, with (in 1952) 39 percent of British yield, processing an extensive variety of autos under mark names incorporating Austin, Morris, Mg, Austin-Healey and Wolseley and in addition business vehicles and agrarian tractors. The predominant director was Lord Nuffield (William Morris) however he was displaced in August 1952 by Austin’s Leonard Lord who proceeded in that part until his 65th special day in 1961 yet giving over, in principle at any rate, the administering chief obligations to his representative George Harriman in 1956.