The organization was established by Toshio Sumino, in 1947 at Fukushima-ku, Osaka as Fuji Syokai Co., Ltd. A year later he opened a second extension in Osaka. In 1960 Sumino opened the first vast scale car products store, the Fuji Drive Shop and in 1969 he was included in motorsport sponsorship by supporting an auto in the Japanese Grand Prix. In 1974, he opened the first of the Autobacs stores: the “AUTOBACS Higashi Osaka Store” in Daitō, Osaka. In the accompanying year, Autobacs might run its first establishment store “AUTOBACS Hakodate Nakamichi Store” in Hakodate, Hokkaidō. In 1977 Autobacs might begin to improve and offer its engine oil and tire to be sold in its store, and at the finish of the decade opened their 100th store, and in 1984 opened their 200th store.