The Acme (conceived 1892) was a model of chain-driven touring auto made by the Reber Manufacturing Co in Reading, Pennsylvania, from 1903 to 1911.
The organization was established in 1892 by James C. Reber to prepare bikes. The Acme was gone before by the Reber, which was produced in 1902–03 and was controlled by a vertical-twin motor. The predominant Acme autos likewise had twin-chamber motors however were soon emulated by four-barrel models and in 1909 by a six-chamber. The 1909 9653 cc Vanderbilt Six emphasized overdrive fourth apparatus.
In 1906, the organization was publicizing a 5-traveler tonneau in a national exchange magazine. Model XIV was a 4-chamber with a 30 to 35-torque engine and was evaluated at Us$2,750 with most extreme rate of 50 miles for every hour (80 km/h). Model XV, at Us$3,500, was a 7-traveler Touring Car. It had a 4-barrel engine with 45 to 50-drive. Most extreme velocity was 60 miles for every hour (97 km/h). All Acme cars accompanied a year’s “supreme tying certification.”
The firm went into receivership in 1906, and its last autos were made in 1911. The manufacturing plant was sold to SGV (Herbert M.sternbergh, Robert E.graham, and Fred Van Tine), which kept making a percentage of the reach until 1915. At that point the line was sold to Phianna, which moved generation to Newark, New Jersey.
Acme Vehicle Model list:
1907 Acme Model 16 50 hp Runabout
1907 Acme Model 18 50 hp